My Google code in experience.........

Hey there , guy have been participating in google code in contest . which started from 2nd December 2019--and will be ending on 23rd of January 2020. This blog is all about my experience in GCI contest.

Let's start with a brief introduction of GCI Google  Code-in(GCI) is an annual programming competition hosted by Google LLC that allows pre-university students to complete tasks specified by various, partnering open source organizations. The contest was originally the " Google Highly Open Participation contest", but in 2010, the format was modified into its current state. Students that complete tasks win certificates and T-shirts. Each organization also selects two grand prize award winners who will earn a trip to Google's Headquarters located in Mountain View, California.



My first task:-
I started a bit late ...I started my tasks on 7 January 2020. Till now have completed 2 task successfully and to complete 3rd i am posting this blog ...my first task was with "OpenMRS".  given the work to create a wallpaper background for the organisation. I tried making that and continued asking mentors about the work.the mentors were so friendly and interactive, they wanted something creative and adorable .I uploaded my work a many time , but understood that just a need to do was the follow up the advices of mentors.i enjoyed doing this task and can also show to you guys.


My second tasks:-

my second tasks was to create a blog post on GDPR LAW... this work was also done by me for "OpenMRS".In this task I created a blogpost on GDPR law the main highlights they wanted was the awareness to the law, documentation skills,and the word of advice on how to make software in accordance with GDPR LAW..

Interaction with Organisation mentors:-

The mentors were full of excitement and wanted something creative and innovative from the teens.guidlines were best given by them, even they gave work for review with a new enthusiasm for students to do even more better.....

About OpenMRS:-

OpenMRS is a software platform and a reference application which enables design of a customized medical records system with no programming knowledge (although medical and systems analysis knowledge is required). It is a common platform upon which medical informatics efforts in developing countries can be built. The system is based on a conceptual database structure which is not dependent on the actual types of medical information required to be collected or on particular data collection forms and so can be customized for different uses.



Things to talk about GCI:-

I think no more improvement can be done in gci interface and working...it's perfectly the "BEST".
The best thing I like in this contest especially with Organisation "OpenMRS",
Is that the mentors here are so vigilant and are corrective in nature ,they provide right guidance to your work.

Conclusions:-

the experience were awesome..as I would   my first  and the last code in contest.
next year I will not be able to concentrate on this as I'm getting out of eligibility criteria in age.

Thanks a lot to spare the time with this blog post.

Sources:-
https://openmrs.org/about/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Code-in

Comments